Equality & Diversity
The College celebrates and values diversity among its learners and workforce. The College treats all members of the College community with respect and dignity, and seeks to promote a positive working and learning environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
The College seeks to eliminate prejudice and discrimination in both direct and indirect forms and no member of the College community will be disadvantaged for reasons associated with any of the following characteristics:
- Gender reassignment/transgender
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race, ethnic or national origin
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Social class
Published Equality & Diversity objectives for 2015/16
- Objective 1: To improve the retention performance of adult learners, on Classroom based Group A programmes, from a baseline of 89.5% retention rate in 2014/15 to 92% retention rate in 2015/16.
- Objective 2: To improve the retention performance of adult learners, on Classroom based Group B programmes, from a baseline of 89.0% retention rate in 2014/15 to 92.0% retention rate in 2015/16.
- Objective 3: To improve the retention performance of adult female learners, Classroom based group B qualifications from a baseline of 87.3% retention rate in 2014/15 to 91.0% retention rate in 2015/16.
- Objective 4: To improve the performance of adult ethnic minority learners on Group A provision, particularly Bangladeshi learners, to achieve an overall retention rate of 91.7% retention rate in 2015/16.
- Objective 5: To eliminate the differential performance of 16-18 Apprentices on intermediate frameworks by improving the overall achievement rate so that there is no discernible difference.
- Objective 6: To implement a system of central reporting of individual student progress against target grades in order to identify any differential cohort performance.
Policy documents, along with our Equality & Diversity Report can be found in our download area.