Become a Electrician with TMC
Become an electrician with TMC! A course in Electrical Installation will enlighten you!
Why choose to be an Electrician with TMC?
Our electrical courses are led by experienced professionals so they can show you what skills employers are after! Learn in our purpose built, professional working environment and start your career with us.
Electricians work in a very wide range of areas, from bringing power to peoples homes to major engineering projects. Electricians install, inspect and test equipment making sure that electrotechnical systems work and find and fix faults.
- Installation electrician – installing power systems, lighting, fire protections, security and data-network systems in all types of buildings
- Maintanence electrician – checking systems regularly to make sure that they are working efficiently and safely
- Electrotechnical panel builders – building and installing control panels that operate the electrical systems inside buildings
- Machine repair and rewind electrician – repairing and maintaining electrical motors and other machinery like transformers to make sure they work correctly
- Highway systems electrician – installing and maintaining street lighting and traffic management systems that tell the public what they need to know when they’re on the roads and motorways
- Newly qualified electricians - £19,000 - £22,000
- More experienced electricians - £23,000 - £30,000
Skills, interests and qualities
- Good practical skills
- An ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and wiring diagrams
- An ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
- A head for heights and willingness to work in all sorts of weather
- A willingness to work in confined spaces
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- An ability to work in a team as well as on your own
- A flexible approach
- Good problem-solving skills
- An ability to plan and organise other people’s work, and motivate them
Full-time Electrical courses
|Construction - Electrotechnical